Friday, April 16, 2010

My Italian Boyfriend


"So...are we supposed to belive that David fought Goliath...naked? I mean, if he did, no wonder he won. The giant was probably too busy laughing at him" - Guy standing next to me looking at Michelangelo's David in Florence this morning.

I would like to say that the statue of David is absolutely magnificent. From now on I'm telling everyone he's my Italian boyfriend. I've included a picture of me posing with one of the THREE David status in Florence. The real one is in a museum (where I was this morning), but you can only take pictures with the other two statues (technically). I visited this statue on my first night in Florence.

Today was my second Day in Florence which is a GORGEOUS city. I LOVE Italy! Although because of limited computer access since I've been on spring break I am VERY behind on this blog. Apologies! I will have to give updates on Paris, Sicily, and Rome in the near future.

I need to head out to do more exploring of Florence, but my current dilemma? The volcanic eruption in Iceland. My flight out of Italy and back to Brussels on Sunday is cancelled due to Volcanic ash clouding up the atmosphere. Maybe it's a sign I should stay in Italy forever? I think yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment